First State Robotics is a Delaware 501(c)(3) nonprofit that fosters a love of science and technology by engaging students in the engineering design process and in robotics competitions while promoting the core value of gracious professionalism.
Gracious Professionalism is a way of doing things that encourages high-quality work, emphasizes the value of others, and respects individuals and the community. Created in 2001, we inspire and motivate young people to extend learning beyond the classroom in order to-
• Develop and pursue interests in science, engineering, and technology
• Become confident, independent, and responsible
• Use creative thinking and problem-solving to make a difference in the world
Our robotics programs and affiliate partners impact students of all ages:
• Jr. FIRST® LEGO® League (Jr.FLL®) – grades k to 3
• FIRST® LEGO® League (FLL®) – grades 4 to 8
• FIRST® Tech Challenge (FTC®) – grades 7 to 12
• FIRST® Robotics Competition (FRC®) – high school
Our annual local and statewide competition events are free and open to the public.
To view non-profit approval, documents of incorporation, and tax returns, click here.
On September 12, Delaware students on FTC (FIRST Tech Challenge) teams joined an estimated 51,500 students on 5,150 teams around the world to learn their 2015/2016 season challenge– design and build a robot that operates in both autonomous and remote control modes to simulate a mountain rescue.
Here is a game summary from FIRST website:
The 2015/16 game, FIRST® RES-QSM, is modeled after actual rescue situations faced by mountain explorers all over the globe. Played by two Alliances of two robots each, robots will score points by: “resetting” Rescue beacons; delivering Rescue Climbers to a shelter; parking on the mountain; and parking in the Rescue beacon repair zone or floor goal. Robots may also score points by retrieving debris from the playing field and placing them in mountain or floor goals, and also by hanging from a pull-up bar during the last 30-seconds of a match.
Students from DE, NJ, and Pa will attend workshops and informal scrimmages in October at the Duel on the Delaware Scrimmage, sponsored in part by First State Robotics. Online event registration begins October 1.
We are committed to our mission here at First State Robotics and rely on your support to accomplish all that we do.
The mission of First State Robotics, Inc., is to inspire and motivate young people to pursue science and technology careers and become confident, self-reliant, responsible citizens poised to make a real difference in our world by using a fun, creative, and unique environment that extends learning beyond the classroom.
Your United Way dollars helps First State Robotics (FSR) to organize, fund, and implement several local youth STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) activities and programs:
- Miracle Workerz FRC, Miracle Workerz FTC and Rhyme Know Reason FTC robotics teams for high school students
- FIRST Tech Challenge for high school and middle school students
- First State FIRST LEGO League for middle school students
- Junior FIRST LEGO League expos for elementary school students
- MORE (Miracles of Reading Education) Literacy Program for pre-school to 3rd grade
Donate to our non- profit through your regular United Way campaign at your workplace- find out how here.
Or to donate directly to First State Robotics, you can now use our PayPal link here for a one-time or a recurring monthly donation.
For more info on how to donate through United Way click here.
Thank you for helping build the technology leaders of tomorrow!
Feel free to pass this along to your friends and family.