The Purpose of National Robotics Week is to
- Celebrate the US as a leader in robotics technology development
- Educate the public about how robotics technology impacts society, both now and in the future
- Advocate for increased funding for robotics technology research and development
- Inspire students of all ages to pursue careers in robotics and other Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math-related fields
Here are some fun activities and events worth checking out:
- Mid Atlantic Robotics Regional FRC Championship, Bethlehem, PA, (April 8-11) info and details- click here.
- Delaware’s Robotics Day events, Wilmington, DE, hosted by FAME and Barclay’s Bank (Saturday April 11) info and free registration- click here.
- Download and print MOE 365’s tiny 1-page books by clicking on titles here- We Build Robots and Really Cool Robots. (For directions to fold them, click here.)
- Robot trading cards to download and print- click here.
- Contest to win a Parrot drone and a Sphero from tickleapp, info and enter- click here.
- You can download and screen a movie based on a true story–a team of high schoolers who beat the odds by winning a national robotics competition against university students, Underwater Dreams– click here for trailer.