This season, FIRST LEGO League (FLL) and FIRST LEGO League Jr. challenges youngsters to create new ways to help animals.
FLL students (grades 4-8) choose a problem and learn more about it. They also design and build a LEGO robot that scores points by helping animals in several mini environments. Their challenge is called Animal Allies.
FLLJr students (grades K-3) begin by exploring the life of a honeybee and the animals who live nearby.Their challenge is called Creature Craze.
In FLL, think about all the different ways that people interact with animals…. on purpose or by accident?
- Pick a situation when people and animals interact.🐬
- Identify a specific problem you want to solve.🐂
- Find out about the current solutions. Why does this problem still exist? 🐘
- Talk to experts to learn about your problem.🐓
- Design a possible solution You can improve something old or create something new.🐀
- Get the word out and share your plan with others in the community.🐪
- Present your team’s research and solution at an FLL competition.🐋
In FLLJr, chose an animal to learn more about…. It’s life, it’s environment, it’s challenges. Can you think of a solution?
- Build a LEGO model to show what you learned. 🐝
- Share your new knowledge and ideas with others.🐎
No matter what, remember to have fun! 😃