Through a generous offer from Axalta Coating Systems, high school seniors currently participating in the Delaware FIRST Tech Challenge (FTC) have the chance to receive special recognition. In February 2016, Axalta will award one (1) $2500 non-renewable scholarship to an exceptionally promising student to help them reach their full potential through higher education.
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must:
- Be a high school senior in 2015/2016 school year.
- Plan to attend an accredited college starting Fall 2016, working towards a Bachelor’s degree or STEM based certification.
- Participate actively on a Delaware FIRST Tech Challenge (FTC) robotics team.
- Have a minimum overall GPA of 3.0.
In addition. applicants must submit a completed application form with 500 word essay, along with a high school transcript to First State Robotics.
Scholarship winner will be announced February 6, 2016 at Delaware State FTC championship event at Delaware State University in Dover, DE.
How to Apply:
Download an application– click here
- Send email including application, transcripts, and essay by Friday October 30 at 12:00 EST to: DiamondStateFTC_Registrar@FirstStateRobotics.org
- Send questions about the scholarship to Ron.Prettyman@axaltacs.com
Axalta Coating Systems is a leading global manufacturer of liquid and powder coatings. Axalta continues to build on nearly 150 years of experience in the coatings industry. For more information visit www.axaltacoatingsystems.com.