First State Robotics is a Delaware 501(c)(3) nonprofit that fosters a love of science and technology by engaging students in the engineering design process and in robotics competitions while promoting the core value of gracious professionalism.
Gracious Professionalism is a way of doing things that encourages high-quality work, emphasizes the value of others, and respects individuals and the community. Created in 2001, we inspire and motivate young people to extend learning beyond the classroom in order to-
• Develop and pursue interests in science, engineering, and technology
• Become confident, independent, and responsible
• Use creative thinking and problem-solving to make a difference in the world
Our robotics programs and affiliate partners impact students of all ages:
• Jr. FIRST® LEGO® League (Jr.FLL®) – grades k to 3
• FIRST® LEGO® League (FLL®) – grades 4 to 8
• FIRST® Tech Challenge (FTC®) – grades 7 to 12
• FIRST® Robotics Competition (FRC®) – high school
Our annual local and statewide competition events are free and open to the public.
To view non-profit approval, documents of incorporation, and tax returns, click here.
2017 FLLJr Theme
If you would like to start a FIRST LEGO League Jr. team, we welcome you and want to provide you with all the support, ideas, and encouragement you need to succeed. FIRST gives you a head start by announcing this year’s theme months in advance – Aqua Adventure!
- Registered teams will have access to all this season’s specific documents (details of what the team is expected to complete for the season; information about how your team will be reviewed at an Expo).
- Most teams spend about eight (8) weeks preparing their projects. Understand that your team’s Show Me poster and LEGO model must be ready before you attend an Expo.
- You do not need to have all team member names to register.
Remember: NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED AND YOU ARE NEVER ALONE!
Calling all FLL and FLL Jr. teams! Students, coaches, parents! Are you ready?
This month the new season challenges will be released…. and they are all about water.
For FLL teams, it is HydrodynamicsSM. Students are challenged to ask– What might become possible when we understand what happens to our water?
HYDRO DYNAMICSSM Challenge – coming August 29th at 12 noon ET. To learn more and to get early information releases, click here- http://www.firstlegoleague.org/challenge#block-block-19
For FLL Jr. teams, it is AQUA ADVENTURESM. Teams find out where the water you use in your daily life comes from, and what happens on its way to you. Where will this current voyage carry you?
AQUA ADVENTURESM Global Challenge release – August 1, 2017. Registration is open. More information online at https://www.firstinspires.org/robotics/flljr/challenge-and-season
Don’t forget, you can support our amazing program if you shop Amazon smile, but you need to sign up first! Be sure to designate First State Robotics when you do.
It’s automatic if you bookmark it.
Click here to learn more.