First State Robotics is a Delaware 501(c)(3) nonprofit that fosters a love of science and technology by engaging students in the engineering design process and in robotics competitions while promoting the core value of gracious professionalism.
Gracious Professionalism is a way of doing things that encourages high-quality work, emphasizes the value of others, and respects individuals and the community. Created in 2001, we inspire and motivate young people to extend learning beyond the classroom in order to-
• Develop and pursue interests in science, engineering, and technology
• Become confident, independent, and responsible
• Use creative thinking and problem-solving to make a difference in the world
Our robotics programs and affiliate partners impact students of all ages:
• Jr. FIRST® LEGO® League (Jr.FLL®) – grades k to 3
• FIRST® LEGO® League (FLL®) – grades 4 to 8
• FIRST® Tech Challenge (FTC®) – grades 7 to 12
• FIRST® Robotics Competition (FRC®) – high school
Our annual local and statewide competition events are free and open to the public.
To view non-profit approval, documents of incorporation, and tax returns, click here.
What is Velocity Vortex?
It might be the most exciting FIRST Tech Challenge yet… And its worldwide online reveal was today! Check out the video below and get your team registered and ready to go. Competition events begin in a few short months!
Info about starting a Delaware team here.
This season, FIRST LEGO League (FLL) and FIRST LEGO League Jr. challenges youngsters to create new ways to help animals.
FLL students (grades 4-8) choose a problem and learn more about it. They also design and build a LEGO robot that scores points by helping animals in several mini environments. Their challenge is called Animal Allies.
FLLJr students (grades K-3) begin by exploring the life of a honeybee and the animals who live nearby.Their challenge is called Creature Craze.
In FLL, think about all the different ways that people interact with animals…. on purpose or by accident?
- Pick a situation when people and animals interact.🐬
- Identify a specific problem you want to solve.🐂
- Find out about the current solutions. Why does this problem still exist? 🐘
- Talk to experts to learn about your problem.🐓
- Design a possible solution You can improve something old or create something new.🐀
- Get the word out and share your plan with others in the community.🐪
- Present your team’s research and solution at an FLL competition.🐋
In FLLJr, chose an animal to learn more about…. It’s life, it’s environment, it’s challenges. Can you think of a solution?
- Build a LEGO model to show what you learned. 🐝
- Share your new knowledge and ideas with others.🐎
No matter what, remember to have fun! 😃
At FSR, we know how hard it is to wait! FLL, FLLJr, and FTC challenge release dates are right around the corner.
So,with excitement growing, and with thanks to FTC team 8390–Nerd Herd–from Charlottesville, VA, here’s a little Kickoff shuffle to help us get ready!
To all rookie teams– Welcome! We’re so excited to have you. It’s going to be another great year.