Deans List winners 2016
James Garcia, (front) at work during competition, Lehigh 2016
Rhyme Know Reason 2016
Noah Andrews and MOE FTC teammates Photo from Axalta Coating Systems website
Opportunities are out there for millions in scholarships from colleges, universities, and corporations who support FIRST Robotics.
These offer exclusive financial help available only to FIRST team members, giving them a leg up when seeking college funding- whether you plan to attend technical schools or traditional four-year institutions.
- Most are for use at the specific college or university for example, this year there are eight (8) to Drexel University in Philadelphia, three (3) to Fairleigh-Dickinson in New Jersey, one to Penn State and twenty (20) to Rochester Institute of Technology, New York.
- There are full tuition scholarships, such as to Northeastern or MIT both in Massachusetts.
- Some can be used at any school, like the ASME Auxiliary Lucy and Charles W. E. Clarke Scholarship FIRST® Scholarship or the Bart Kamen Memorial FIRST Scholarship Fund.
- About 35% of FIRST Scholarships can be used for any course of study, not just engineering, such as Portland State in Oregon or University of Rochester in New York.
Application deadlines vary, but some are as early as December. Be sure to ask your FRC or FTC coach if you need a letter of support.
Learn more about these and MANY others here– http://www.firstinspires.org/scholarships-overview
If you are heading out this Sunday to Mini MAKER Faire at Christiana Mall, why not grab a bite at California Pizza Kitchen too? With this coupon, 20% of your order will help support FTC robotics team Rhyme Know Reason with competition and travel expenses.
Who: FTC team Rhyme Know Reason
What: Robot demonstration and Pizza fundraiser
Where: Demo at Christiana Mall Barnes and Noble MAKER FAIRE and dining nearby at Christiana Mall California Pizza Kitchen
When: Both events Sunday Nov. 6,2016
PRINT THIS COUPON and HAVE FUN!
What happens at a JrFLL Expo? They are fun-filled events celebrating young students STEM work on this year’s challenge–Creature Craze. This year FS JrFLL is hosting 3 Jr.FLL EXPO Events:
- January 28, 2017 @ Early College High School at Delaware State University, 1570 North Dupont Highway, Dover, DE 19901
- February 25, 2017 @ Delaware State University, 1200 North Dupont Highway, Dover, DE 19901
- March 11, 2017 @ Saint Mary Magdalen School, 9 Sharpley Road, Wilmington, DE
* The Jr. FLL EXPO event at Saint Mary Magdalen is being used to highlight STEM in parochial schools. First preference will be given to parochial schools. It will be a 32 team event. We are anticipating 20-24 of those teams to be St. Mary Magdalen teams. The remaining available slots will be open to other teams!!!
What about First State FIRST LEGO League team events? They are exciting opportunities to showcase your project, team work, engineering, and computer coding skills to panels of judges– then race against the clock to see which robots can post the highest scores. This year’s challenge is called Animal Allies.
FS FLL will host 3 Qualifying Events this season. Each team can only register & attend one Qualifier Event. This year’s locations for the Qualifiers are
- Dec. 10, 2016 @ Conrad Schools of Science, 201 Jackson Ave., Wilmington, DE 19804
- Jan. 14, 2017 @ Junior Achievement of Delaware, 522 South Walnut Street, Wilmington, DE 19801
- Jan. 28, 2017 @ Early College High School @ Delaware State University, 1570 North DuPont Highway, Dover, DE 19901
A number of teams from each Qualifier will advance to the Champion’s Tournament.
The Champion’s Tournament will take approximately 36 teams and is scheduled for February 25, 2017 at Delaware State University.
For more information visit the First State FLL and JFLL website here.