An alliance of high school students lead by the Bo-bots from Bohemia Manor High School of Chesapeake City, MD, took the win in on-field competition last Saturday, February 6, at Delaware’s FTC (FIRST Tech Challenge) Championship event at DSU in Dover.
In addition, MOE student, Georgia Mackay was awarded the Axalta Scholarship and Emma Onstad of Rhyme Know Reason was one of two students in Delaware to be named finalists for the Dean’s List award, which will be awarded at the FTC World Championships in April.
For more, see Dover Post here.
Congratulations to all!
What is the Dean’s List Award?
(from FIRST website)
Criteria for selection of the FIRST Dean’s List shall include, but not be limited to a student’s:
- Demonstrated leadership and commitment to the ideals of FIRST;
- Interest in and passion for a long term commitment to FIRST and its ideals;
- Overall individual contribution to their Team;
- Technical expertise and passion;
- Entrepreneurship and creativity;
- Ability to motivate and lead fellow Team members; and
- Ability to effectively increase awareness of FIRST in their school and community.